Job Status: Full-Time, Temp to Hire
Location: San Clemente, California
Building our roots in the action sports industry since 1987, Independent Trading Company is established as a leading manufacturer and supplier of high quality custom apparel as well as blank sweatshirts, jackets and t shirts in over 60 styles for Screen Printers and Clothing Brands all over the world. It’s our mission to supply the best quality products for our customers, and develop long lasting relationships.
Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Junior Accountant will be primarily assisting with maintaining all facets of accounts payable, monthly and year-end close support, and processing business transactions of the organization while applying the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Process outbound checks, ACH and wire payments
- Assist the Accounting Department with the day-to-day, monthly and year-end operations.
- Assist with general accounts analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements, fixed assets, deferred rent, accruals and prepaid expenses.
- Maintains effective internal controls and prioritize goals and objectives.
- Identifies discrepancies in financial records and reports takes appropriate corrective action to amend variances.
- Communicate often and effectively with upper management with regards to deadlines, tasks and projects.
- Perform other duties and assist with projects as assigned and required by management.
- Microsoft Office (Advanced Excel)
- High sense of urgency
- Complex problem solving and analytical skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance is required or applied work experience
- Strong technical accounting and financial analysis skills
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.